Cerrell is seeking applicants for its Fall 2021 internship program. We are looking for candidates with communications, public relations, political and/or government work experience. We require a commitment of at least two full days (three full work days preferred) per week, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Due to COVID-19, the program will primarily be remote but is intended to shift to a hybrid in-person/remote work schedule, conditions permitting, commencing in September and concluding in December.
Qualified applicants must possess strong writing and time management skills. They must be self-motivated and adept at building relationships with teammates and clients. Campaign experience and Spanish language skills are a plus.
To apply, please email a resume, and writing sample (at most 2- 3 pages, for longer papers, please submit the first 3 pages) to [email protected]. The deadline to apply is Sunday, August 15, 2021, or as positions are available. Please note that this is a rolling application and we will not look at any applications submitted after the final date.
Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research: Background research is important to gaining a deeper understanding and knowledge of various subjects for clients and new business pitches.
- Meeting Monitoring: Interns may be tasked with monitoring meetings at the city and county levels. The intern will listen to the relevant item(s), take notes and report back with the relevant discussion/actions of the elected body.
- Writing: We may ask you to draft various types of documents for clients, including fact sheets, media advisories, press releases and memos.
- Coalition Building: Effective campaigns require significant outreach, predominately consisting of phone calls and canvassing targeted areas. Interns will be asked to participate in both of these activities as needed.
- Media Outreach: In order to garner media coverage for our clients and events, media outreach – whether it be phone calls, emails, letters or field work – will be essential, and our interns are an integral part of these efforts.
- Special Event Preparation: For our clients’ events, we need to keep track of all responses (both positive and negative). Follow-up calls are an effective way to keep track of RSVP lists. In addition, interns will work to coordinate various elements of these events by working with outside vendors.